IGP Released Area of Specialization for SWAT, No Patrol, No Checking Point, No Stop and Search
For the last one week End SARS protest has become issue of the day and has take center of discussion internationally, the Nigerians all over the world are requesting for dissolution of Federal Anti-Robbery Squad FSARS hashtag #endSARS
Recall, The Nigeria inspector general of police announced the disbandment of SARS in other response to the requests of protesters but that decision not seem solve the problem as protesters across Nigeria and outside Nigeria keep lament for total ending of SARS and police brutality
Following the nonstop protest across the country the IGP Adam announced the formation of Special Weapons and Tactics SWAT to replace SARS after the total disbanded.
Meanwhile, today 14th of October 2020 IGP released the area of specialization for Special Weapons and Tactics SWAT. Below is the area of operation for SWAT
- SWAT to response to robbery attack
- SWAT to response to scenes of Weapons related crime
- SWAT to response to rescue operation
- Special operations involving high profile criminal
- No personnel of the defunct SARS will be selected to be part of new tactical team
- Operations of new tactical team will strictly intelligence driven
- Member of new tactical team will by no means embark on routine patrols
- Member of new tactical team are barred from indiscrimination and unlawful search of phones, laptops and other smart device
- Operative of the new tactical team must be free of any pending disciplinary matter especially those touching on misuse firearms and abuse of human rights.
What is take about this
Share this news and stay connected for latest updates