Thanks to the generosity of the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable trust, four Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships have been established for African Students (African nationals and resident in Africa), who wish to undertake a taught masters course at SOAS. Each Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship has a total value of £25,000 which will be put towards tuition fees. If tuition fees are less than this amount the remainder will be paid out as a stipend.
The Ferguson scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merit.
Students offered an Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship must take it up in the academic year 2022/23 and it cannot be carried forward to a later year.
- Full-time MA African Studies
- Full-time MA International Studies and Diplomacy
- £25,000 Stipend
- Be nationals of and resident in an African country
- Hold an undergraduate degree at the first class level
- New scholarship applicants must have applied to SOAS but are not required to have received an offer of admissions by the scholarship deadline. An offer will need to have been received by the time the relevant panel meets to discuss scholarship applications.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2022. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirement as soon as possible.
- Please note that most scholarships do not cover funding or even allow for Pre-sessionals. Please check the wording of your scholarship offer carefully to see if you are eligible for a Pre-sessional course or whether you need to achieve SOAS direct entry scores by the deadline specified in your scholarship terms and conditions.
DEADLINE: 2 May,2022
HOW TO APPLY: For more information VISIT HERE TO APPLY