President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR, has made significant changes to the leadership positions within the Nigerian government by announcing the immediate retirement of all Service Chiefs, the Inspector-General of Police, Advisers, and the Comptroller-General of Customs.
These retirements are effective immediately and have paved the way for the appointment of new individuals to these key roles.
The newly appointed officers are as follows:
- Mallam Nuhu Ribadu – National Security Adviser
- Maj. Gen. C.G Musa – Chief of Defence Staff
- Maj. Gen. T. A Lagbaja – Chief of Army Staff
- Rear Admiral E. A Ogalla – Chief of Naval Staff
- AVM H.B Abubakar – Chief of Air Staff
- DIG Kayode Egbetokun – Acting Inspector-General of Police
- Maj. Gen. EPA Undiandeye – Chief of Defense Intelligence
In addition to these appointments, President Tinubu has approved several other key positions within the government. These include:
- Col. Adebisi Onasanya – Brigade of Guards Commander
- Lt. Col. Moshood Abiodun Yusuf – 7 Guards Battalion, Asokoro, Abuja
- Lt. Col. Auwalu Baba Inuwa – 177 Guards Battalion, Keffi, Nasarawa State
- Lt. Col. Mohammed J. Abdulkarim – 102 Guards Battalion, Suleja, Niger
- Lt. Col. Olumide A. Akingbesote – 176 Guards Battalion, Gwagwalada, Abuja
Furthermore, the President has made appointments within the Presidential Villa, including:
- Maj. Isa Farouk Audu – Commanding Officer, State House Artillery
- Capt. Kazeem Olalekan Sunmonu – Second-in-Command, State House Artillery
- Maj. Kamaru Koyejo Hamzat – Commanding Officer, State House Military Intelligence
- Maj. TS Adeola – Commanding Officer, State House Armament
- Lt. A. Aminu – Second-in-Command, State House Armament
President Tinubu has also added two additional Special Advisers and two Senior Assistants to his team:
- Hadiza Bala Usman – Special Adviser, Policy Coordination
- Hannatu Musa Musawa – Special Adviser, Culture and Entertainment Economy
- Sen. Abdullahi Abubakar Gumel – Senior Special Assistant, National Assembly Matters (Senate)
- Hon. (Barr) Olarewaju Kunle Ibrahim – Senior Special Assistant, National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives)
Finally, the President has appointed Adeniyi Bashir Adewale as the Acting Comptroller General of Customs.
It is important to note that the newly appointed Service Chiefs, Inspector-General of Police, and Comptroller General of Customs will act in their respective positions pending confirmation in accordance with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
These appointments mark a significant change in leadership within the Nigerian government and reflect President Tinubu’s commitment to shaping the future of the country.